May 7, 2012
Hopkinton School Board
Hopkinton, New Hampshire
School Board Meeting
SAU #66, Maple Street School
Monday, May 7, 2012
- Call to Order/Pledge of Allegiance
2. Additions/Deletions from agenda by Superintendent
4. Approval of Minutes
Recommend the Hopkinton School Board approve the minutes of the additional board meeting held on April 13, 2012.
5. Public Comment (1)
6. Comments from the Hopkinton School Board
- Staff Reports and Presentations
- a. In Focus: School Climate
- b. HSD Policies
i. Determining a Specific Learning Disability (IHBAA-SLD) (First Reading)
ii. Determining the Criteria for Special Education Evaluation (IHBAA-EC) (First Reading)
iii. Wellness (JLCF) (Fifth/Final Reading)
- Items for Board Discussion
- a. Personnel
i. Staffing (Action Items)
ii. Nonunion Vacation Accrual
- b. Tuition Student (Action Item)
- c. Hopkinton High School Graduation
- d. Hopkinton School Board Schedule: May – June 2012
Public Comment (2)
- Materials Included
Draft School Board Meeting Minutes – April 13, 2012
Nomination Packet (1)
Criteria for Special Education Evaluations Policy
Determining a Specific Learning Disability Policy
Hopkinton Educational Support Staff (HESS) Master Contract July l, 2011 – June 30, 2013
D. Jones Letter
10. Important Dates
05/07/12 – 05/11/12 – Teacher Appreciation Week
Tuesday, May 8: Harold Martin School
Thursday, May 10: Maple Street School
Friday, May 11: Hopkinton Middle and High School
05/08/12 – Blood Drive, 8:00am-2:00pm, Hopkinton High School gym
05/15/12 – Harold Martin School 2nd Grade Concert
05/22/12 – High School Concert
05/24/12 – Academic Awards Night
05/25/12 – Susan Graham Pisinski Science Field Day
05/28/12 – No School Memorial Day
05/29/12 – All District Staff Meeting
05/31/12 – Middle School Concert
06/07/12 – School Board/Senior Class Cookout
06/08/12 – Graduation
06/12/12 – Spring Sports Awards
11. The Hopkinton School Board approve the Superintendent’s nomination of Laura Wuellenweber, Maple Street School Guidance Counselor, for the 2012-2013 school year, pending final approval from the Superintendent.
12. The Hopkinton School Board approve the Superintendent’s nomination of Karen Locke, Maple Street School ICT Teacher, 0.4, for the 2012-2013 school year.
13. The Hopkinton School Board approve the Superintendent’s nomination of Debra Jones, Numeracy Specialist, Elementary, for the 2012-2013 school year.
14. The Hopkinton School Board approve the Superintendent’s recommendation to accept the resignation of Anne Smith, Special Education Teacher, Hopkinton Middle and High School, effective June 30, 2012.
15. The Hopkinton School Board approve the Superintendent’s recommendation to accept a ninth grade tuition student, as discussed, for the 2012-2013 school year.
16. The Hopkinton School Board approve the Superintendent’s recommendation to adopt the Hopkinton School District Wellness Policy (JLCF) as presented.
Nonpublic session for the Discussion of Matters as Per RSA 91-A:3, II (a), (b), (c), and (e)